- Has your spouse announced he or she wants a divorce?
- Have you decided that the marriage is ending and want to file for divorce?
- Are you expecting or have had a child out of wedlock?
- Are you falling behind on child support due to unemployment or reduction in salary?
- Has a situation occurred that makes you think a change of custody is warranted?
- Have you received a notice from the other parent of your child announcing they want to move away and take your child?
- Analyze your situation.
- Determine if a case can be filed (or should be filed)
- Ascertain what type of case should be filed
- Determine when you should file your case
- Give you the likely next steps and what to expect after filing.
We are brutally honest with our assessment. If you do not need an attorney to fix your problem, we will tell you, and will give you tips on how to handle it yourself. If you have a case that we think we cannot “win,” i.e meet the goals that you have set, we will let you know.
Unlike some attorneys, we will not tell you want you want to hear in order to get your money. We are in a unique position where we have a great deal of referrals due to our past successes, and we only accept cases that fit into our firm’s philosophy and caseload. That means we turn down more cases than we accept, so you can be assured that if we accept your case, it is because we believe in you and your case.There is a Flat Rate, $300 Fee to Consult With Managing Attorney Heather Schwartz Karmeris for one Hour
Please feel free to fax, email or upload over any documentation that would assist us in our consultation. In fact, if a case is filed, it is imperative that we review all the filed documents prior to your consultation. The consultation is YOUR time, so the better prepared you are, the more we can help you.
We will perform an initial analysis, and inform you of the strengths and weaknesses of the case. There will be weaknesses in your case, and we will always be upfront and honest about your case’s weaknesses and will brainstorm strategies to either repair or mitigate those flaws long before the case arrives in court.
To find out what to bring to your consultation, consult this page. In addition, you may want to fill out a case evaluation form prior to coming in for your appointment, so we can be familiar with your facts and issues prior to your arrival. If you are considering retaining The Law Offices of Heather S. Karmeris, PLLC, the consultation process is an opportunity for you to become acquainted with our professional staff, who will assist you throughout your case.
The consultation always remains confidential, even if you do not retain us. In addition, if your spouse or opposing party contacts us at any time in the future, they will be informed that we cannot provide any services to them. Please feel free to inquire at any time during or after the consultation about the costs of any future representation. Every case is unique, and as a result, attorney’s fees can vary greatly from case to case.
We are not able to give you an estimate of costs until we sit down with you, review your paperwork, and listen to your story.